Our Case management program has proven to be an invaluable tool in helping health care professionals, and patients alike to coordinate all parties involved in the care of a person, manage health care matters, and all related administrative issues. The process of case management involves the person served, the family, an interdisciplinary health care team, insurance companies and legal representatives. It ensures high quality of care, as well as the continuity and assurance of proper and timely medical interventions.
Our Case Managers visit individuals who are in hospital and liaise with hospital staff to facilitate the discharge process, and improve the transition from hospital to home or other health care facilities. We also arrange assessments to determine a person’s need for devices to help them during their rehabilitation. Along side the interdisciplinary health care team, Case Managers help to facilitate treatment planning and personal assistance planning.
We will constantly liaise with Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Speech Language Therapists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Rehabilitation Therapists and other health professionals that may be involved to coordinate care delivery for the person served.
Case Management areas of focus:
- Catastrophic and Non-Catastrophic injury Case Management of pediatric, adult and senior clients who have sustained traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries, multiple fractures, and issues related to complex care
- Facilitating hospital discharge and planning of short and long term rehabilitation goals
- Establishing and managing a treatment team of physicians and community therapists, ensuring that all aspects of treatment are effectively coordinated
- Facilitating and coordinating neuro-cognitive functional treatment, psycho-sensory motor restoration, cognitive communication, adjustment counseling and vocational and community reintegration
- Researching and accessing various community resources to promote client progress and independence
- Liaising with Insurance Adjusters and Lawyers to advocate on behalf of clients
- Providing education to clients and their families regarding the role of Health Care Providers, Lawyers and Adjusters in managing their care and rehabilitation
- Conducting file reviews of previous interventions to provide recommendations for further care
- Completing task assignments and implementing recommendations based upon Insurer Examinations